Adventure is life. Whether it is something planned or when plans go awry, life will always come at you in the form of adventure. Sometimes that’s for the better, and at times notsomuch. You can control what you can, and roll with what you can’t.
Half of my life is spent in the wilderness, most likely with a backpack full of my outdoor essentials. The other half is traveling around the world photographing resorts. These are pretty polar opposites and being prepared for each respectively is super important so I can focus on my creative process and enjoy where I am.
Adventure can live anywhere and having the right gear can go a long way. I’m a huge fan of Arc’teryx, both on the trail and in my everyday travel life. My 3-Day backpacking checklist has many of my favorite pieces that I highly recommend for anyone looking to flesh out their kit.
But let’s talk about the days when we aren’t on the trail – the everyday essentials. One of my absolute favorite brands, Arc’teryx, has you covered. Their versatile Coast Mountain-inspired collection of casual clothing is ready for every day and everything.
(This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks!)
Arc’teryx is a technical high-performance outerwear and equipment company located at the foot of the Coast Range mountains. They design and test their products in true wilderness, with an unwavering commitment to design, craftsmanship, and performance.
Now, to be honest, when I think of Arc’teryx, I think of 2 things: quality and costly. Their pieces can be quite expensive, but is it worth it? Hands down, without a doubt – a resounding yes! A quick feel of the fabrics that they use, or a glance at the attention to detail will tell you all you need to know. I have personally used a rain jacket from them for 12 years. It still performs like it did the day I bought it.
They have awesome customer service and stand by their products. In fact, they have something called the ReBird Service center in New York that repairs pieces on site (when possible). In their own words, this service center is one of the ways “to increase planetary repair and acts of reciprocity.” That’s pretty dang cool!
Arc’teryx Everyday Collection
With their Everyday Collection, you will find high-performing designs that are comfortable, practical, and can take you anywhere you want to go. Being prepared and comfortable while traveling or when experiencing new places is essential to maximizing the experience. Here are some of our favorite pieces for the days off the trail.
Arc’teryx Everyday Essentials for Men
The Eris Polo Shirt – Simple, refined, and smart – style requirements for travel and city. This shirt delivers precision Arc’teryx design and performance. Made from fabric blending the cool, natural comfort of organically grown cotton with the moisture-wicking performance of polyester.
- Provides comfort in warm weather
- Easily handles spontaneous urban adventures
- The regular fit and gusseted sides add freedom and comfort
- Built for daily wear
- Merrow stitch seams minimize chafing
The Atlin Chino Pant – Designed with the Arc’teryx attention to detail and craft, the trim-fitting pant is a versatile option for relaxed city life, adventure travel, and casual weekends.
- Midweight cotton/nylon stretch canvas
- Comfortable, hardwearing fit
- Stretches for a clean fit that moves with the body
- Gusseted crotch
- Subtle articulation at the knees adds freedom of movement.
The Acrople Jacket – The ability to move effortlessly across varied landscapes and shifting conditions requires versatility. With its minimalist design and performance material, this jacket helps protect you from transitional weather and moves easily from mountain to camp to a local trail.
- Stretch nylon fabric cuts the wind’s chill while allowing enough airflow for comfort on the move
- DWR finish helps repel moisture
- Packability is key – this jacket is easy to bring anywhere.
Arc’teryx Everyday Essentials for Women
The Contenta Pullover – On a beautiful city day, take a break, step outside, and enjoy the sun. Made from 100% recycled content, the sustainable Diem™ polyester is silky soft, stretchy, airy, and cool, and delivers UPF 50+ protection.
- The boxy fit is flattering and comfortable
- Drawcord at the hem lets you shift the style
- Fabric resists wrinkles
- Stows in its own hidden zip pocket for easy packing
The Contenta Pant – Confident, sleek, contemporary, and comfortable – pure city style combined with serious freedom and comfort on the move.
- High waistband, tapered legs, and pleated front create a flattering streamlined silhouette
- Light stretch polyester – moves with you and holds the fit
- One of the slash hand pockets hides a zippered pocket that secures your smartphone, keys, or cash
The Mantis 2 Waistpack – A simple, intelligently designed 2.5 litre pack sized for quick errands or traveling the globe.
- Rides comfortably on the waist or over the shoulder
- Carries your wallet, passport, and digital devices
- Zippered front pocket has a clip for keys and a range of internal pockets
- Easy-access stash pocket and zippered security pocket
- A smart, discreet pocket on the back panel stashes a smartphone or transit pass.
Head over to Arc’teryx to view their entire collection of everyday essentials and be prepared for anything.